Sessionals are almost over. And they were nothing to be proud of. I'm in a cranky mood and people are talking movies here. Living in hostels can screw your movie taste.
So let me ruin some movies for you. I'm not much of a fan of Hindi movies, purely because they linger somewhere between reality and fiction. Rather, they choose to show selective reality. Here are some movies in a nutshell.
1. Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham: Boy is adopted by rich parents. Boy falls in love with poor girl. Parents refuse, boy leaves. Younger brother brings him back.
2. Apne(!!!!): Father is a boxer. He is rejected as a coach by his protege. Younger son steps in to defend fathers honour as older on is too busy making moolah. Younger one dies almost. Elder brother wins. Younger brother is alive again.
3. Aamir: Terrorists force an NRI Muslim to plant a bomb in a bus in Bombay as they have his family in captivity. He doesn't and dies.
4. Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic: Angel saves the day (for the kids), brings love into the 'family' and also has a kid.
5. Tara Rum Pum: Racer wins. Gets the girl. Then he loses. Then he gets the girl again.
6. Kabhi Alvida Na Kehnaa: Two dysfunctional couples figure they can't stay together(1 person in each couple). So they don't.
7. Hum Aapke Hain Koun: 2 weddings, 17 songs and a funeral.
8. Hum Saath Saath Hain: Modern day Ramayana.
9. Kismat Konnection: Guy has no luck. He meets his lucky charm, the girl. They marry.
10. Maine Pyaar Kiya: Boy loves girl.
11. Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai: Boy loves girl. Boy is killed by girl's father. Girl gets boy replaced. Father goes to jail.
12. Heyy Babyy: Three men, a baby and English gone horribly wrong.
13. Neal and Nikki: Boy has loads of girls before he marries. Girl runs around in less clothes with him. He marries her and saves money on clothes.
14. Devdas: Man loves girl. He can't marry her. So he drinks himself to death.( Why he can't marry her is a mystery. Just because his parents say no?. He's rich for god's sake.)
PS: This is a result of a bad exam hangover. Personally, some of the movies have very good entertainment value. Forgive me if I have 'offended' some sections of the public(LOL).