Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Biggest Sucker Punch Of Them All


VNITians, you know what I'm talking about. Especially batch of 2009. Upcoming batches, just hope this doesn't happen to you like it did to us. Or even better, don't do anything that might lead to such consequences. If you didn't understand, never mind. I'm a sort of a conspiracy theorist, and my fellow theorists, Dukki and Tanmay proposed something which has stuck to me. Anyways, all that is reserved for a better conversation, one with choicest selections from the ever increasing Nagpur Foul Language Dictionary.
Non VNITians. Apologies for the topicality. Long story short, I received my degree after a friend collected it for me (Thanks, man!) since Nagpur was hit by a huge epidemic of swine flu where around 5 people were diagnosed with it and my college, nay, institute decided to cancel the convocation, and is perhaps the only one in the whole damn country of 1.2 billion people to do so.
Yes, it's true. Go ahead. Laugh all you want. I did too. I still am.
Note: More action, soon to come. Keep watching this space.

7 comments:

rvnd said...

where is the Like button?

Nikita Banerjee said...

Lol. At least you have a convocation planned. For the ones who studied form the Mumbai University, our certificate comes in post only.

SSD said...

@rvnd The comment is more than enough :)

@Nikita Thats okay. You don't have a convocation at all. But when every damn batch of your college has had a convocation, you're the only batch in the history of your college to not have a convo, thats some shitty luck, no?

Grace Personified said...

Us non techies get no convocation, only a graduation dinner and party.I still don't have my degree even though I graduated an entire year before you. As for Nagpoop, anything can happen wahaan to. No laughing matter this, its just plain sad.

swati nidiganti said...

And the certificate smartly says.. "Given on 15th sept"!!!

I hate the authorities.. who so ever has the biggest hand in the entire case..

gayathri-vishwanathan said...

hehehe nice one :) I did not even collect my convocation certificate. But still somehow managed to get it through some concerned friend of mine.

Estranged Strangely said...

Let's write another letter man. I need formal letter writing ka practice.